Fulton, Curtis Lee-- Technologist
- Java (GWT, Android, Servlets)
- Objective C
- UNIX shell, tools and administration
- Apache web server
- Wrote and produced the play "Paper Houses," which opened at the Annex Theatre in Seattle, Washington.
- Produced and edited the film "The Day Called 'X'," which ran at the Willamette Week Longbaugh Film Festival in Portland, Oregon.
- Write and maintain PgMdAtom, the most complete open-source Atom parser available for iOS
(August 2010 - present)
- Engineering and implementing APIs for our customers
- Engineering a specialized client-side framework that uses GIN/Guice for dependency injection. The framework inforces inversion-of-control, which gives API users a great deal of customization
- Writing reusable modules that are shared with all teams throughout the company
- Researching bleeding-edge behavior of HTML5 mobile devices
- Using Maven shade plugin and GWT to reuse thousands of lines of server code on the client. Gave a talk at OSCON about this technique in July 2011
thePlatform for Media, Inc.
1000 Second Avenue
Seattle, WA 98104
At Western Communications (publisher of five newspapers in Oregon and California; based in Bend, Oregon), I built ingest, publishing and identity systems, such as:
(October 2004 - October 2007; July 2008 - August 2010)
- Editorial and classifieds XML ingest processes that transform and filter XML (Unix Shell, Perl, Expat parser, XSLT, XPath).
- Regional movie guide and schedule pages (Apache Tomcat, Java, Xalan XSLT).
- In-house feed monitoring and reporting service (Apache Tomcat, Java, Velocity, Hibernate)
- Subscriber identity middleware with OAuth, Paypal and proprietary CRM integration (Java, mod_perl, JSON, REST)
1777 SW Chandler Avenue
Bend, OR 97702
Tasks included: object-oriented, test-driven Perl development of in-house web publishing system.
(November 2007 - June 2008)
45 Glover Avenue
P.O. Box 4505
Norwalk, CT 06856-4505
Tasks included: Investigative reporting for The Online Reporter, high-end newsletter geared toward management and investors. My beat was the digital media industry and I followed companies like AOL Time Warner, Bertelsmann, Vivendi, EMI, Tivo, Napster, Real Networks and Microsoft.
(July 2001 - January 2003)
G2 Computer Intelligence
323 Glen Cove Ave.
Sea Cliff, NY 11579
University of Oregon
School of Journalism and Communication
Eugene, OR 97403